On the PROFINET network, the PN/CAN gateway is a PROFINET I/O device and supports transfer rates up to 100 Mbps full duplex; and up to 1 Mbps on the CAN bus.
The I/O data of the CAN participants is transparently displayed in a freely configurable manner on the PROFINET network and can thus be processed directly in the PLC. The PN/CAN gateway is integrated with a GSDML file in the hardware configurator and can be fully configured there. No other software tools for configuration or handling blocks for programming are necessary, making gateway use straightforward.
The features of the PN/CAN gateway are rounded out by MRP (media redundancy), as well as extensive diagnostic functions and an interface for online diagnostics.
With the Layer 2 PN/CAN gateway, CAN devices can be connected using proprietary CAN protocols, including devices with the SAE J1939 protocol, among others.
- Automatic and controlled receive and transmit objects for CAN frames with configurable identifier
- Transmission objects can also be transmitted cyclically
- Receive channel FIFO for receiving CAN frames with flexible identifier
- Transmission channel FIFO for transmitting any CAN frames with flexible identifier
- Up to 512 different CAN frames configurable
- Supports CAN 2.0A (11 bit identifier) and CAN 2.0B (29 bit identifier) according to ISO 11898-2
- Up to 1 Mbit/s CAN bit rate
- Simple configuration via GSDML file
- No PLC handling blocks or parameterization software necessary
- Media redundancy (MRP client)